The Italian Society aims to create a platform and network for those interests in Italy to discuss and contribute meaningfully to Italian economic, political, scientific and cultural matters. The society is open to all and affiliation to the University of Cambridge is not necessary. At the moment we are particularly interested in including career opportunities for our members as well as improving our social corporate responsibility. We would be very happy to build partnerships in those areas with other organisations.
- Così è (se vi pare) – Right you are (if you think so)In a constant turn of exhilarating and tragic events, Luigi Pirandello (winner of the 1934 Nobel Prize for Literature) leads us to believe a version of the story and its opposite soon after, kindling our inborn desire to know and be involved in the business of others.
- News, events and links from Facebook
- Interview with Ludovico NolfiIn Italian theatre the political dimension is almost always present, even if there is no explicit declaration. Deep down theatre has always had a strong political quality directly or indirectly.
- 2020 Annual Giulio Regeni Memorial LectureTo honour the memory of Giulio Regeni 4 years after his kidnap and murder in Cairo, the 2020 Cambridge University Italian Society committee decided to institute an annual Giulio Regeni Memorial Lecture.
- End of Term AperitivoLet us gather all together to celebrate the end of term! Join us for an Italian-style aperitivo at Signorelli’s Deli Cambridge. We are looking forward to seeing you there! Join us on the 1st of
- Welcome Back AperitivoA new term and a new year is starting and our Society is back to celebrate it with you.Join us for an Italian-style aperitivo at Signorelli’s Deli Cambridge. Exchange wishes with your friends. We are
- Christmas AperitivoThe festive season is fast approaching and the Italian Society is back with festive spirits.Join us for an Italian-style aperitivo at Signorelli’s Deli Cambridge.Celebrate Christmas party sipping a spritz and enjoying an all you can
- Science and Public Policy in Italy, St. John’s College, Divinity SchoolSPP Italy 2019 is a one-day conference exploring the relationship between science, policy and the public in Italy. In the globalised world we live in, it has never been easier for researchers to move across
- Fresher’s AperitivoAnother term is beginning and the Italian Society is back.Join us for an Italian-style aperitivo at Signorelli’s Deli Cambridge.Celebrate the start of term sipping a spritz and enjoying an all you can eat Italian buffet.